Monday, August 8, 2011

August 9, 1947 - Quaid-e-Azam Addressed the Participants of Dinner Party Given by Sir Ghulam Hussain Hidayatullah at Karachi Club



Quaid-e-Azam addressed the participants at the dinner party given by Mr Ghulam Hussain Hidayatullah at the Karachi Club on August 9, 1947.




Quaid-e-Azam Addressing at the Dinner Party Given by Sir Ghulam Hussain Hidayatullah, governor designate of Sindh

Quaid-e-Azam proudly revealed saying, “Yes, I am Karachi-born, and it was the sands of Karachi that I played marbles in my boyhood, I was schooled at Karachi”.

He further added, “Let us judge by results, not by theories. With the help of every section – I see that every class is represented in this huge gathering – let us work in double shift, if necessary, to make the sovereign State of Pakistan really happy, relly united and really powerful”.

At the end of his address, Quaid-e-Azam acknowledged the help and assistance he got from his younger sister Fatima Jinnah. He said, “Miss Fatima Jinnah is a constant source of help and encouragement for me. In the days when I was expecting to be taken as aprisioner by the British Government, it was my sister who encouraged me, and said hopeful things when revolution was starting me in the face. Her constant care is about my health”



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...